KNCE & Centinel Bank encourage you to spend your money here in Taos every holiday season. This year, it’s more important than ever. So we’re not just asking you to Shop Local — we’re asking you to Shop Different.
We know it will be tempting to order gifts from big online retailers this year. It’s so easy, and we’re not allowed out anyway! Please resist the urge, and find ways to support local businesses this holiday season.
Remember that every dollar you spend in Taos goes directly back into supporting our community. Remember that small local businesses — run by your friends and neighbors — are trying really, really hard to survive the pandemic.
Here are some ideas to help you Shop Different & safely this year:
- Contact Stores via EMAIL or PHONE
- Order Ahead
- Pick-up: Curbside
- Delivery, Take-Out
- Shop local online
- Buy Gift Cards
Taos has a ton of non-profits, and sometimes it is hard to choose just one. If you don’t have a favorite, here are a few of our favorites:
- Community Against Violence – Support for domestic & sexual violence
- The DreamTree Project – Housing & services for youth in crisis
- EC-COAD – Providing assistance to our community during COVID-19
- Heart of Taos – Supporting Homeless Women in Taos County
- Taos County Chamber of Commerce
- Taos Connects – Help support those in need during the pandemic
Thank you for joining us to Shop Different this year. There are so many ways we can still make the holidays special, and support our community while we’re at it.
Shop online at your favorite local stores or reach out to businesses and find out if they have safe pickup options.
What to give the friend who has everything? Give to a local nonprofit in the name of a friend or loved one.
Support our great local restaurants by purchasing a gift certificate or plan a family take-out night.